County government plays an important role in the lives of Tattnall County residents, providing services throughout their lives. The dedicated employees of the various county departments touch the lives of every resident in some way every day.
Employees operating under the direction of the county manager and County Commission record births, adoptions, marriages and divorces, provide health care to indigents, certify deaths and probate wills of the deceased. Residents also depend upon county departments to record land records, register voters, conduct elections and maintain rural roads.
Tattnall County personnel provide services in the the justice system of the various courts, law enforcement, probation and housing of inmates awaiting trial or punishment, public safety, health, welfare, recreational and senior citizens services as well as various administrative functions. They also take care of our roads and bridges, maintain county facilities, issue the tags for our cars, clean up after storms, patrol our roadways and keep us safe..
Our departments work hard to improve the overall quality of life of Tattnall County's residents. To accomplish this mission, it is essential that we:
- Serve the residents, business and property owners and visitors to our county with friendliness, courtesy and respect, treating each and every one in a fair and consistent manner within the guidelines established by the policies, rules and regulations of the county commissioners.
- Provide affordable services consistent with the resources available to us. To allocate these resources fairly to meet the needs of the county as a whole, while recognizing the special needs of various segments within the county.
- Keep the county informed about programs and operations as well as their role in the governmental process. To conduct the county's business in an open and honest manner at all times.
- Remember that the level of service we provide is, to a large extent, dependent upon a strong business community. To provide and further enhance a strong economic base by encouraging respectable revenue-producing retail, commercial and industrial development compatible with the vision for our county's future.
- To provide quality parks, recreation opportunities, senior and youth programs and other activities. To foster and encourage a positive county spirit and pride in the county.
- Assure all Tattnall residents will be safe in their homes and neighborhoods. To be prepared for disasters and provide for the protection of life and property in such event. To recognize and promote individual property rights while ensuring that the rights of others are not infringed upon.
- Protect, maintain and enhance the county's public infrastructure, roads and public buildings and facilities. To anticipate long-term needs in these areas and to take the necessary steps to provide for those needs.
Please use the menu at right to navigate to the various department pages for more information.