Planning and Zoning
The Tattnall County Planning and Zoning Department is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the county’s growth is orderly and in conformance with the Comprehensive Plan and planning principals and policies The department also ensures that implementing that plan and administering and enforcing zoning and property maintenance is done in a professional and cost effective manner.
The Planning and Zoning Department administers local Zoning Ordinances to ensure land uses are compatible with each other and as a tool in implementing the Comprehensive Plan. Through Code Enforcement the department administers property maintenance, zoning violations and nuisances.
Areas of responsibility are:
- Interact with residents, businesses, developers to assist with the understanding and implementing of the Tattnall County Zoning Ordinance.
- Review various applications, site plans, etc. for compliance with Tatnall County Ordinances.
- Coordinate the review of all rezoning, conditional use permits, variances, and administrative variances with appropriate departments and other related agencies.
- Inspect the applicable sites to ensure complete review of applications.
- Prepare various reports, packages, and presentations for the Planning Commission, Board of Appeals, Tattnall County Commissioner, and public review.
- Communicate the appropriate process and review with all interested parties.
- Acknowledge decision of appropriate Boards and ensure records reflect accordingly.
- Maintain and update the County’s comprehensive plans and participate in the development of plan implementation strategies.