Tattnall County and America’s other 3,068 county governments employ more than 3.3 million people and spend nearly 500 billion tax dollars each year to provide local services and infrastructure. Most importantly, county governments are focused on the fundamental building blocks for healthy, safe, resilient and vibrant communities.
Our employees take pride in providing Tattnall County residents with outstanding services and infrastructure to ensure the health, safety and welfare of our 25,000-plus residents and visitors.
Services range from building inspections and code enforcement to providing emergency services to trash and waste collection. The County works with the State of Georgia to construct and maintain streets and provides essential water and sewer services.
County employees also:
- Maintain public records and coordinate elections
- Support and maintain public infrastructure, transportation and economic development assets
- Provide vital justice, law enforcement and public safety services
- Protect the public’s health and well-being, and
- Implement a broad array of federal, state and local programs